Wednesday

June 14th

I just don’t seem to be able to get enough sleep at the moment. Morpheous keeps fidgeting it would seem. Last night I dreamt I was working with Jack Bauer in bringing down some kind of Mafioso type but Jack made me wear these cuff-link style bugs, the problem being that I had to wear them through holes in the bottom of my jeans and I had to surreptitiously pop ‘em in whilst Jack spoke to the crook. Not easy, especially when they kept growing. Eventually I was found out and all hell broke lose. Jack, to preserve his cover, had to pretend he didn’t know I was a CTU agent and started shooting at me. I pegged it and managed to get away by climbing a tree. I woke up shortly after that to have a wee. When I dropped off again I was part of a parachute team testing a new type of system that comprised of nothing but an orange boiler suit, a crash helmet and a funky backpack type thing. There was no chute and it made you kind of float about. You could bob around in the air and then gently touch down on the ground, all you had to do then was launch yourself skyward to get back up. After dropping from the plane we hovered above the ground and started arsing about doing back-flips and comedy running & swimming movements until it was time to stop and go skiing.
Anyhow, back to reality. Today I struggled to come to terms with the simple fact that money is a very fluid concept for me these days. At the moment it seems I can stay in the flat perfectly still for a day and yet still spend money. It’s like that line in Blackadder, somedays I feel like a pelican. No matter which way I turn I’ve still got an enormous bill in front of me. Today was the turn of our mortgage broker and current managing agent. We’ve just re-mortgaged to pay off some debts and it seems to have turned into a bit of a money pit as over 10% of the money has gone on bloody fees. It’s just not worth it really.
Anyhow, my internet access had gone down for the afternoon so I popped to the post office to send the cheques and accidentally fell into the newsagent’s where I panicked and, completely by mistake you understand, bought a Milky Bar and a Caramac. Yum.
Today Es & I had the first of our meetings with prospective managing agents today and I gotta say it went rather well. Es was highly professional with her list of probing and in-depth questions whereas I just sat there sipping tea and making the room look nice. They seemed pretty good and certainly didn’t conform to the image I have of managing agents as being part-man, part-shark and all git. They were actually rather nice and certainly seemed like they’d be well and truly on the ball. Still, we have nothing to compare them to yet so we’ll just have to see how the other two companies fare on Friday.
After the meeting we wandered home and Es sat on my floor typing up the answers to circulate at our next meeting while Beth made asparagus risotto for our tea. It was delicious.
We sunk to an all time television low tonight however and actually watched an entire episode of Rosemary & Thyme with Pam Ferris Wheel and Felicity Kendall Mint Cake playing two detective gardeners. We laughed in equal measures at the ridiculous plot and our stupidity for watching it.

Tea drunk: 8
Old skool chocolate bars eaten: 2 (I’m going to try and find a ‘Drifter’ tomorrow)
Mafioso bosses killed in pursuit of the truth: 1 (I shot him whilst in a tree)

No comments: