Wednesday

June 21st

This morning I had to head back to Redhill (where my folks live) to pay a visit to my GP. I won’t bore you with the reason for this trip, suffice to say it was a trip to the Doctors and they’re seldom for something good are they? I popped in to see my Ma and my lovely dog Pat and had a cup of tea whilst we caught up. We then headed into Redhill centre where I got Mabel washed and we had another cuppa (coffee this time) and a bit of cake. Later, back at my Ma’s place, I had another cup o’ tea and cleaned out the interior of Mabel. She now looks all nice and shiny. Ma & I went next door to the ‘Joshua Tree’, a rather fine pub conveniently situated right next door that does great food. Kevin the owner & chef used to work at the House of Commons you know. Fully feed and watered I headed home to Brighton only to find that the pitch I was supposed to be working on was now unnecessary as the client had e-mailed me to let me know that he’d received a very compelling design form one of the others. He said he’d let me know if I need go ahead with my pitch on Friday and apologised for dicking me about. I’m not sure I can take much more of this to be frank, I keep getting lumbered with the rubbish £300 jobs whilst constantly missing out on the good ones. Why is that? I wish I knew. It’s massively depressing. My foul mood was lightened slightly though with a call out of the blue from an agency asking if I was available for work, the agency had got my details from Laurence, who owns and runs the company I’m going to see next week in Old Street. Though I wasn’t suitable for that job (they wanted someone with a high level of actionscript skills and that ‘aint me sister) they did seem keen on taking me on to their books.
To celebrate I made French Onion soup for dinner and my lovely Beth & I had a rather nice cherry & raspberry beer each whilst watching ‘When Harry meet Sally’, which I rather enjoyed, despite being a man.

Tea drunk: Unknown but my bladder didn’t fall below the two-gallon level.
Huge burgers eaten: 1 (Though it felt like half a cow in truth)
New careers considered: All of them (Except… no, all of them)

No comments: