Friday

June 9th

Another lovely day and the painter arrived very early to touch-up the woodwork outside. Consequently I spent the morning avoiding the windows and peeping out from behind the curtains to see if he’d gone. In between bouts of this strange behaviour I managed to get my portfolio updated which made me feel better. It’s been sitting there for some time now like a neglected child, staring at me and making me feel awkward.
Es, my neighbour upstairs, was again working from home (she had some feeble excuse about the computers at work being spring-cleaned or something) so we had lunch together and made some appointments to go see prospective managing agents. We’ve bought the freehold to our building you see and now there seems to be a bloody-hell of a lot of work to do, work which until now our managing agent did. Now however, we seem to be doing it, I say we, I actually mean Es.
After Es left I sat out on the balcony for a bit in the sun and made a few lists of important things to do, number one of which was to make a few more holes in the new balcony covering. There are 16 now. Who says my days aren’t productive?
I met Beth at the station and we decided that we’d head down to the seafront, as it was such a wonderful day, and work our way through a bottle of white. We bought the wine but then made the fatal mistake of deciding to go home and have dinner first. I told Beth this was a bad idea but she wouldn’t listen. We drunk the wine at home with dinner as I thought we’d do and then made arrangements to meet Marc & Sophie in the pub down the road. So much for laying off the booze for a while eh?
It was great to catch-up with Marc, I’d not seen him for a while and, though I’m a little worried about him at the moment, he did seem on good form. We had a very pleasant night chatting about all manner of stuff and drinking more than we ought to when all of a sudden I realised that it was 12:30 and we were still there. You see I’d completely forgotten about the new late licensing laws, as these came into force whilst wifey & I had been away. Next time I shall endeavour to remember and maybe not panic-drink around 11 so much.

Tea drunk: 4
Balcony holes made: 4 more
Neighbours entertained: 1

No comments: